converting soda kegs to beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting soda kegs to beer

so how hard is it to convert a 5gal soda keg to a sankey fitting? or a hoff-stevens to sankey for that matter.....

Anyone know of a supplier for sankey stems? of course a good welder can be hard to find too I guess.

thanks
    Dave

Try.............

Try Sabco out of Ohio. They do a lot of the keg mods out there today. You might be able to buy blank Cornelius Keg lids that have been modified for a Sankey connection, but you still have the In/Out port issues associated with the Corny Keg configuration.

Perhaps you can find stainless caps and gaskets with the same thread, but it's a sanitation concern.

Good luck!

Comment

agree

I agree. Give Bob Sulier a call at SABCO. I have orderd his converted soda kegs and they are great. He is extremely helpful and I am sure he can hook you up and if not he can point you in the right direction.

Comment

If you are a helluva good welder, you can get keg parts from Micromatic in Southern Cal. Beware how crappy the welds are inside of kegs when modified. Only a gooseneck light and mirror can show you the ugly truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight
          If you are a helluva good welder, you can get keg parts from Micromatic in Southern Cal. Beware how crappy the welds are inside of kegs when modified. Only a gooseneck light and mirror can show you the ugly truth.
          When you say helluva good welder, I think you meant HELLUVA GOOD welder! I've tried to weld on the "tank" part of the Corny keg and couldn't get a good seal.........it always leaked. The stainless material for the keg is like stainless foil when you weld it!

The lid should be pretty weldable, since it is thicker.

Comment

Some contact

Try company IDD,

"Jeff Gunn, IDD Process & Packaging, Moorpark, California is available to make presentations ... Sankey kegging systems/concepts ..."
            Contact Jeff by phone at +1.805.529.9890
            or by e-mail at: IDD2Jeff@aol.com

Hope he can support you.

Good luck!
            Best regards

Bjoern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bjoern Wissling

Kirkland, WA

(e) bxw2[@]verizon.net

Comment

I have one, and it works just fine. But beware they are not good enough for sale because you can not make a sanitary weld. The inside will be a haven for any bacteria and hard to get out.

Comment

welding

Try to find a TIG welder that works in aviation. I had some welds done and they're better than the factory robotic welds. Smooth and air tight with zero grinding. Those guys know their stuff, they weld every exotic metal known, right down to gum wrapper foil, I saw the display! You get what you pay for. Sepp

Comment

Working...
                X