Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracts etc.

Wise Probrewers:

[For those who also read the Brewers' Association Forum, this is identical to a message cross-posted there]

For the past few months, my new brewery has been self distributing. It is now, however, time to sign on with a distributor or two. I have spent time trying to determine with which distributor in our state (North Carolina) I'd like to work. I have approached that distributor and he ("it," "they" ??) wants to pick us up. We discussed prices and policies etc. It appears, however, that it is going to fall on my shoulders to present him with a contract to review. Here, I am at a loss. Does anyone have any advice as to how I might get ahold of a sample (or template etc) beer distribution contract. First choice would be specific to NC; second choice would be more generally a "franchise state" example; third choice would be anything anyone cares to offer! Failing getting a look at a sample, I suppose professional consultation might be the next best option (but I do, of course, shudder at the thought of the expense). My attorney has never done anything with beer distribution. I'd appreciate advice on this route as well.

In a related vein (best suited for private correspondence, I expect) does anyone have positive or negative input regarding specific NC distributors (I'd like to do one last check before I sign it all away). Similarly, I'm talking to a distributor for Eastern Tennessee as well - any advice or input regarding distribution and distributors in that market will be greatly appreciated. Finally, I'm thinking of beginning to investigate distribution in Virginia as well (it would, however, be a little while before I vigorously pursue that).

As always, thanks for your help!

Paul Philippon
    The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery, Inc.
    Farmville NC
    paul@duckrabbitbrewery.com
    www.duckrabbitbrewery.com
Working...
X