Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to contact Fermentis directly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to contact Fermentis directly?

They don't list a phone number on their website or on their parent company's site. I've written them through their contact form and hopefully they will respond but I am not sure as I heard they are not very repsonsive. I need to import Fermentis yeast for my brewery in Central America but BSG/Crosby Baker which as far as I know is the only Fermentis distributor in the US has a hold on exports and they are reevaluating that part of their business.

Leaves me in a bind that I am trying to find a workaround for. Also, do you know how I can get whirlfloc? BSG is not allowed to export it.

Sound like a back-door approach for the short term, but have someone stateside order what you need then ship it to you.

Comment

I was actually able to contact both Kerry (the sellers of Whirlfloc) and Fermentis directly and they will be shipping to me directly from Ireland and France. However I am still trying to get a small amount of each product sent to me by BSG as I need to give the government 2 pounds of each to get the import permit (don't ask me what they are going to do with 2 pounds of yeast and 2 pounds of whirlfloc!)

I can't believe how hard it has been to get BSG to sell me the samples. I have been in the states for the last 10 days and will be here for another week so I've been trying to get them to ship me the 2 pounds for me to take back but it has been quite an ordeal. Both the Kerry and Fermentis reps for Latin America have written BSG telling them that it is ok to sell me the small amounts and today BSG told me they were going to send them to me and they were going to contact me later in the day to get my payment info.

Never heard back from them. It's been at least 10 phone calls and about the same number of emails and I still haven't gotten what I am looking for. I even told them I am friends with several brewers in the state I am in, and that they could ship to them if necessary since they are so affraid to sell to me because I might take their product outside the country!

I was going to buy my hops and specialty malts from them as well but those plans have totally changed as a result of this ordeal. Anyone else had a similar experience with BSG?

Comment

Working...
      X