1/8 Barrel Sankeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/8 Barrel Sankeys

In another quest for information on kegs I know that new Sankey kegs commonly come in regular 1/2 barrels, a short 1/4 barrel, a tall 1/4 barrel, and a tall 1/6 barrel. These are the four popular choices among American brewers. (I know some people use 1/3 barrels and crazy metric kegs but those don't count! haha) So when it came time to order Sankeys to replace the Hoff Stevens we also wanted to replace the 1/8 barrel Hoff Stevens we had. Although the 1/6 barrel held a similar amount of beer it wasn't short enough for refrigerators. Home trade is a very important part of our market. So Franke-BLEFA made us 1/8 barrels using the same diameter as a 1/6 barrel but 7" shorter... GENIUS! I was just wondering if anyone else has seen any other brewer with the 1/8 barrel Sankey. Also many people have replied to my classified saying they had never seen 1/8 barrel Hoff Stevens. This surprised me. I am inquiring into whether others have seen 1/8 barrels, H/S or sankey, or any other innovative keg sizes other than the ones listed above and the converted Cornelius keg. Those are the ones I am familiar with. Thank you.

Well, if a 7" shorter "pin" shows up in Nashville, at least I'll know who it belongs to. We sell a lot of the 1/6 bbl pins to people with home bars, and that's the first I've heard that they won't fit in most kegerators. I know that converted Corney kegs are too tall, but regular 1/6 bbl Sankeys seem to work for most people?
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

With a "low profile" tap, the converted corny kegs work fine.
      BrewerTL

Comment

Never Heard of the 1/8??

I take it from the lack of responses to this thread that no one has heard of the 1/8 barrel Sankey or Hoff Stevens. We have been selling 1/8 barrel Hoff Stevens for 50+ years and now sell the 1/8 Sankey. Thanks.
        Last edited by Straub; 07-12-2005, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Instead of 1000 words...

Might we see a photo posted here of this strange sealacamp-like keg you're speaking of?

Thanks,
          Scott

Comment

Pictures of Old H/S 1/8 Barrel...

There are two pictures of the 1/8 barrel Hoff Stevens keg on the following website...

This website is for sale! nabrewing.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, nabrewing.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Picture #6 is the 1/8 barrel by itself and picture #3 is the 1/8 barrel followed by the 1/4 and the 1/2. I will try and get some pictures for you of the new Sankey kegs in about a week.

Comment

New Kegs and Picture

For anyone who wanted to see what the new 1/8 barrel Sankey looked like here is a picture. On the left is the new half barrel, then the slim quarter (same height as the half), and the 1/8 barrel in on the right.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Straub; 07-12-2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Crazy metric kegs

I know I can get 5L, 10L, and 20L sankeys through Schaefer Kegs. Think 1.25gal, 2.5gal, and 5gal. The 5 gallons are about the same size as a squat 1/6 bbl poly top. The rest of them are just cute. I have two 10L kegs here for myself, basically two cases of beer in a keg. I love them. Problem with them is the cost, $68 or so a pop plus freight. Great for personal use, though. And squat 1/6 bbl fit into just about any kegerator, be it commercial or hoem built.

Jazz

Comment

Working...
                X