Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab Analysis

Hello -

I'm looking for a reference for a lab that can perform a percent alcohol analysis on beer.

Anyone have any experience dealing with someone who does this?

Thanks!

Brian

Try siebel inst. or BSI in Denver (I think?) . BSI would be cheaper $ wise.
    Bottoms Up!

Comment

Please, let's don't forget the kind folks at Brewing and Distilling Analytical Services.

Aloha,
      Ron

Comment

I'll check 'em all out.

Thanks!!

Comment

I just use a local (to me) lab. The one I use is called Southern Testing. Compared to other options, I found them to be less expensive, quicker, and it's easier to get them the samples. Just check your phone book to see if there's something near you. Good luck.

Paul Philippon
          The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery, Inc.
          Farmville NC
          www.duckrabbitbrewery.com

Comment

Just joined and saw the comments on looking for service posted in Jan 05 and onwards.

Brewing and Distilling Analytical Services in Lexington KY might be your choice for Analytical testing of wine, beer and/or distilled spirits.

From June 10th you can access us on-line at alcbevtesting.com. Please wait until the 10th as we resolve some server issues and remove a couple of bugs in the system.

Regards,

Gary Spedding.

Comment

The brewery I help at has the equipment...drop me an Email and I might be able to get you a freebie. I brew a few beers at home and the lab tech will run it for me so I can get the alc and calories.

Comment

This is also easily done in your own lab. You take a known quantity of beer, distill it collecting and condensing the steam, then dilute it back with distilled water to get the original quantity. What you have now is all the alcohol in the beer without the sugars. A special hydrometer is required to read the alcohol percentage. Cheers!
                Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
                X