suggestions on next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions on next step

I have just survived my first season as a microbrewer. I am looking for advice on what step to take next. I have a 2bbl brewhouse and am looking to make some small investments after my first year. I have four 2bbl fermenters and I serve from kegs at my brewpub. I use ambient temps in a cooled insulated room to control temps. I am wondering if Glycol is the next step or if I should buy more tanks (fermenters/brite tanks), I am just seeking some advice on where to go next.

are your fermenters jacketed? That would determine glycol. And yes, I do recommend glycol. I am doing a very similar thing and I couldn't image fermenting all the styles I do at the same temperature. Buy 5 bbl FVs and BBTs and double batch. That will help out a lot too. I have a 3bbl system with 3 FVs and 2 BBTs and lots of kegs. I will be adding 7 bbl FVs and BBTs as business and sales increase. Next step would be also looking into some wood barrels for aging. That makes the beer perceive to have a higher value, serve a 10oz pour for $7 verses 16oz for $5. You did say brewpub, right?
    Nick Tanner
    Head Brewer/Founder
    Cherry Street Brewing Cooperative
    Cumming, GA
    www.cherrystreetbrewing.com

Comment

appreciate it

Thanks for the Feedback

Comment

Working...
      X