Hose Clamp Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose Clamp Issues

I just recently bought new vinters (1") hose from a local hose supplier. The hoses have two stainless steel bands on them with barbed triclover fittings that are 3" long (2.5" into the hose). I have gone through everything but my pumps keep getting airlocked in a completly closed system. The same pump will run with the stainless fittings in place of the hose but when you put a hose on it the pump locks up because of air.... seems that the hose is leaking air.

Do I need to tell the local hose supplier to clamp down harder or is there some other trick that I am missing? Thanks.

Cheers

To rule out an air leak, try putting a pressure gauge on one end of the hose and pressurize the hose. Isolate the other end of the hose where you supplied the compressed air or co2 with a valve. Note the pressure and keep checking the pressure throughout the day. If it goes to 0, your ferrules are leaking which could be your problem.

Comment

Air Leak

The ferrules are leaking air... what do I tell the people who band this? I want it done right this time. I have more hoses being made and I want them done right, along with my current hoses repaired. They have two clamps going opposite directions now but they don't seem to be doing the trick.

Comment

Working...
      X