DME, Specific, or Premier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DME, Specific, or Premier?

I know there are a couple threads about the different manufacturers already (and trust me I've read them all several times), but I'm about to pull the trigger on a 15 BBL system and just want to be 100% certain before plunking down the cash. I hope nobody minds!

For the most part, the pricing came out the same when comparing apples to apples. DME was maybe just a teeny bit more.

Which would you pick?

Any advice is greatly, greatly appreciated!

premier, dme ..................... way down the list ...... specific

I would say Premier is the best bang for the buck - specific hasn't changed their designs in 20 years ... still making diverter panels, undersized brewhouses and expensive

Comment

This is my first start-up, so please be patient w/ any stupid questions.

- What do you not like about diverter panels?
      - By under-sized, how much are we talking? Is it a major issue?

I guess I'm just surprised because Specific seemed to have a pretty good reputation around here.

Oh and just for what it's worth, they were all within just a few thousand $ of each other...so honestly the price really isn't a factor at this point. I just appreciate hearing opinions from people w/ first hand experience, so thank you!

Comment

yup

Premier +1

I've never spoken to any unhappy brewers with Premier.

I can't say the same for the other suppliers...but i'm sure they are all within 1/10 of 1% of being similarly good.
        Alex Postelnek, Lead Brewer
        Funky Buddha Brewery
        Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
        (561) 945 - 4584
        alex@funkybuddhabrewery.com

Comment

Premiere, man. I also know a lot of happy Premiere brewers and I've been very impressed within my own limited experience with them. Great prices, relatively quick turnaround, and excellent service after the sale.
          Mike Hiller, Head Brewer
          Strangeways Brewing
          2277-A Dabney Road
          Richmond, VA 23230
          804-303-4336
          www.strangewaysbrewing.com

Comment

Premier

Im on my third system from premier and cant say enough good things about all the systems and the way Rob runs his business. I would find it hard to believe that the quotes are that close. I found the quotes close but premiers tanks you can double batch into. But customer service and quality is top on there list..no brainer really. good luck.

Josh Brewer
            Brewmaster
            Mother Earth Brewing

Comment

Wow, Premier must be doing something right!

Thanks for all the great info so far guys.

Comment

Working...
              X