Celite Cynergy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celite Cynergy?

Anybody using or have trialed Celite Cynergy? What were your results/observations?

Hey Matt,
    We initially tried this out a few months ago and were pleased with the level of clarity we saw in our IPA over time. From the Chapon test conducted by Walt at Imerys our level of chill haze was cut in half.
    We just recently did another trial were we used up an entire pallet into our normal operations. We are currently in the process of evaluating these beers now. So far so good.
    The stuff appears to eliminate the need to add silica to your filtration to filter out extra. However, we are a brewery that uses perlite as a filter aid. I'm not sure how well regular DE compares to Cynergy, since they both look identical under the scope. I've got a lot of information and presentations on this stuff if you want more info.

Comment

Cynergy

This thread is pretty old, but what happened with these trials? We are thinking of using Cynergy to eliminate a fining addition that is aimed at chill haze reduction. We also use perlite and are not sure if we want to switch to DE, also I wondered if the two would work well together (perlite and cynergy).

Thanks,
      Tom

Comment

Have not used anything but, results all good so far.

Comment

Only problem that kept me from switching to Cynergy was it is so much more fluffy that Perlite. It filled out small brewery with a cloud. Whereas with Perlite we never have this problem.
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Originally posted by BrewinLou View Post
            Only problem that kept me from switching to Cynergy was it is so much more fluffy that Perlite. It filled out small brewery with a cloud. Whereas with Perlite we never have this problem.
            Cynergy fluffiness is similar to silica gel (xerogel). There are ways to avoid it that may require minor capex spending. We can help with this as we already helped other customers with same issue.
            We just posted a cynergy customer testimonial (Harpoon) in youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2v7Ja-T9bk

Please let me know if I can help with anything.
            thanks
            Giorgio

Comment

We switched over to Cynergy and have not been thrilled. For runs in the neighborhood of 500 barrels we can get by with just C700 but anything more and we have to add PVPP as well as 3Z grade DE to keep the pads on our 60x60 filter press from blowing out the door. On the bright side we no longer have to add chillgaurd, which makes it worthwhile to keep buying the C700.

Today we're actually pushing 600bbls of California Lager through our system adding only 50lbs of C700. We will hopefully be able to make it through, but already the pressure on the inlet side has jumped from 2 bar to about 5 bar about 75% through the run. We start sweating when it gets to 6 bar. In fact, I'd better to check now.
              Ryan

Anchor Brewing Co.
              San Francisco, California

Comment

Originally posted by rakers View Post
                We switched over to Cynergy and have not been thrilled. For runs in the neighborhood of 500 barrels we can get by with just C700 but anything more and we have to add PVPP as well as 3Z grade DE to keep the pads on our 60x60 filter press from blowing out the door. On the bright side we no longer have to add chillgaurd, which makes it worthwhile to keep buying the C700.

Today we're actually pushing 600bbls of California Lager through our system adding only 50lbs of C700. We will hopefully be able to make it through, but already the pressure on the inlet side has jumped from 2 bar to about 5 bar about 75% through the run. We start sweating when it gets to 6 bar. In fact, I'd better to check now.
                Ryan,
                you can contact me offline to help we can send a tech service manager to try to help to get longer filtration runs without having to use the pvpp. If interested contact me at giorgio.lamotta@imerys.com.

thanks
                Giorgio

Comment

Working...
                X