Employment in England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment in England

I have a feeling there might be some thread watchers from England or so. Can anyone shed some light on the brewing job situation and pay schedule in England? And if you can recommend any good venues to source a position other than pounding the pavement brewery to brewery, and probrewer.com ..... 10 years commercial brewing management and operations experience.

Cheers

I.D. Rinks

I have no idea what the pay rates are in the micros. Most micros are actually very small, virtually one man and his dog operations. The size of operation looking for for additional qualified staff tends to be a member of the IGB. You could try contacting them, or Bill Carling at The Carling Partnership, www.carlingpartnership.com. You could try the IBG site, www.igb.org.uk, though jobs generally go through the carling partnership, as he still liaises closely with them.

I am not aware of anyone else fulfilling a similar function. Try picking up the email addresses of micros from either the IGB or from CAMRA. I haven't looked at this for ages, so cannot be sure they have web links, but I am sure they do.

Good luck
    dick

Comment

I agree with dick, The Carling Partnership is the best way to go.
      jonofdc

Comment

jobs in England

I'd suggest getting a copy of the Real Ale Guide from Camra and email everybody. There's a lot of helpful people out there.

cheers !

Tariq

Dark Star Brewery
        U.K.
        Tariq Khan (Brewer/Distiller)

Yaletown Brewing and Distilling Co.
        Vancouver, B.C.
        Canada

Comment

Working...
        X