Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growth in bbl sales YoY

Hello Brewers,

I have searched this forum for my answers and I can't seem to find the answers I am looking for. Hopefully a few of you wouldn't mind sharing some information.

I am putting together a 10 bbl brewery in Morgantown, WV. I have a very detailed Business Plan along with the normal five year financial projections. One detail I want to show my potential investors is: How are other breweries of similar types growing in their first five years. I have Googled large breweries and found their bbl sales. I was able to calculate their year over year growth (YoY) by knowing how many bbls they sold in year one and year X. However I want to be able to compare apples to apples. So I need a newer and smaller distribution brewery to compare with.

If you own a 10 bbl brewery on the East Coast (USA) and are a distribution brewery, I would love to know how many bbls you sold in year one and year five. I am trying to prove that my estimates of 40% growth in bbl sales is normal for the first five years.

I appreciate your help.
    ------------------
    Bryce Capodieci
    Founder/Brewer
    Rustik Brü Brewing
    Morgantown, WV.
    ------------------

You can get all that info from Brewers Association. I used it when I did my business plan. It pays to get the membership...a lot of info. The New Brewer magazine has all that info in it put out annually. You can get the archives once a member. Best investment I made when doing my plan. I was able to get the local brewery revenues working with my local Small Business Development Center (free consulting and guidance).
    Good Luck

Comment

Thanks for your response RedDragon. I am a member of BA. Other people have mentioned using BA. Maybe I am missing something, but the only information I can find is the general industry growth. I am looking for specific brewery growth comparable to my proposed brewery. Are you saying I can find this on the BA website?

I am looking for specific bbl sales year over year from one or two 10 bbl distribution breweries, so I can graph this growth and make comparisons to my financial projections. I can't use industry wide growth because it is not the point I am trying to make. I takes all the different breweries and combines them into one industrial percentage.

Do you see different information? I could definitely be missing this information, or overlooking it. I will look again.

Thanks,
      Bryce
      ------------------
      Bryce Capodieci
      Founder/Brewer
      Rustik Brü Brewing
      Morgantown, WV.
      ------------------

Comment

Originally posted by cbcapodieci
        Thanks for your response RedDragon. I am a member of BA. Other people have mentioned using BA. Maybe I am missing something, but the only information I can find is the general industry growth. I am looking for specific brewery growth comparable to my proposed brewery. Are you saying I can find this on the BA website?

I am looking for specific bbl sales year over year from one or two 10 bbl distribution breweries, so I can graph this growth and make comparisons to my financial projections. I can't use industry wide growth because it is not the point I am trying to make. I takes all the different breweries and combines them into one industrial percentage.

Do you see different information? I could definitely be missing this information, or overlooking it. I will look again.
        Bryce,

That's all broken out in the May/June 2012 issue of The New Brewer Magazine which is part of your BA membership. You can look at 2010/2011 production/growth for every registered U.S. Craft Brewery in that issue.

Good luck!
        Kevin Shertz
        Chester River Brewing Company
        Chestertown, MD

Comment

Yeah, that's where I got mine. Then for financials, I got reports from my Small Business Development Center. You can also get tax info from your jurisdiction to help with numbers.

Comment

ChesterBrew/RedDragon -

Thanks for your help. I found the information you were talking about. I will admit that I made a mistake with the BA. I am a paid member of AHA and since I am on the BA website... I thought it was all the same. That is why I couldn't see the information you were talking about.

Live and learn.

Again, thanks for taking time out of your busy day to help.

Bryce
            ------------------
            Bryce Capodieci
            Founder/Brewer
            Rustik Brü Brewing
            Morgantown, WV.
            ------------------

Comment

No worries. I highly recommend you purchase the membership for startup brewery. There are a lot of resources for you... including list of suppliers, etc. Good luck.

Comment

I did that last night. Again, I thought I was a full member. I thought I already bought the start-up brewery membership months ago. That was where I was mistaken and didn't see the information you were talking about.

Thank you!
                ------------------
                Bryce Capodieci
                Founder/Brewer
                Rustik Brü Brewing
                Morgantown, WV.
                ------------------

Comment

Working...
                X