Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd sankey valve ring

Greetings,

I've been working on cleaning the equipment and kegs for a brewery that is reopening, with me as the brewer, and the kegs consists of a collection of mostly standard sankey, hoff stevens, and modified hoff stevens.

Two of the modified hoff stevens kegs have a ring that is not the standard spring ring, and appear to be a solid ring with three equally spaced notches in it. I have not seen these before, and thought I'd ask around before trying to pry them out or cut them out somehow.

I took a photo of one.

Appreciate any feedback.

We have a small fleet of converted hoffs for in house use. A handfull of them have the same type of coupler, we have not had to take them apart yet so not sure what type of tool it takes to get them out but I can tell you that they screw in. We have had to tighten them when they backed out slightly and leaked. Interested in any info as well.
    Luch Scremin
    Engine 15 Brewing Co.
    luch at engine15 dot com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am in the process of pulling all the tubes from all the kegs as the previous brewer had a poor sanitation/cleaning habits.

Basically taking them apart, cleaning and inspecting each piece, reassembling and then to check for holding pressure.

I'll have to look around here on cleaning the inside of kegs as they are quite a mess as well.

Comment

Try if it is threaded

Before cutting them out, observe if they are European kegs.
        For what I see, I would try if they are threaded.
        For your safety, first let all the pressure out in the keg before trying to remove the valve.

Comment

They are modified hoff stevens, the bung has been removed and the keg drained, no internal pressure at all.

Comment

Yes they thread out. We got a bunch of them as well. We built a tool to remove them but have done it with needle nose pliers and screw drivers. Depends on how tight they are.
            Pete Broyles
            Riverport Brewing Co
            Clarkston, WA

Comment

Working...
            X