Picnic Taps are Amazingly Terrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picnic Taps are Amazingly Terrible

So I've got about 18 picnic taps that are the pump kind with the large plastic wing-nut-like twist-on locking mechanism. I swear more than half of these craptastic wonders have broken in the first 2-3 uses. The little rivet posts that lock into the keg spear threads just pop the cheap plastic on the nut. If I'm lucky they just crack, if I'm unlucky they get stuck on the keg. I've told customers to be gentile with them and they still crack. I'm tired of frantically driving out to weddings because our stupid cheap poorly designed POS tap failed on them right before dinner.

Anyone else experience this? Solutions?
    Russell Everett
    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
    Bainbridge Island Brewing
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Made in China?

Cheap equipment isn't worth the plastic it's made of. I'm familiar with the equipment you have. Garbage even brand new and out of the box. Throw away what you have. It will save you exasperation. There are much better options out there, but you'll have to spend money for them. I buy some nice ones from Foxx Equipment. No more problems.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

You have the crappiest ones out there. The plastic wing style types are worthless. Get a decent Bronco pump with a real coupler handle.

Comment

swap out the plastic wing handle with the metal ones, available through foxx
        Jim Brown, Owner
        Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
        3440 Win Kae Place
        Bay City, MI 48706
        989-233-2221

Comment

Working...
        X