Sodium Percarbonate/Lerasept O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sodium Percarbonate/Lerasept O

Does anyone have any experience with caustic additives for a CIP plant? I've had great success with using either sodium hypochlorite or sodium percarbonate while doing "internal" cleaning of brewery equipment. I've stopped using bleach as an oxidizing additive for fear it will build up in our new CIP plant.

Do products like Lerasept O (sodium percarbonate) work well in this situation? Have you been able to remove stubborn kettle scale? Where do you add the additive? At what solution?

I guess my fear is using a ton of this product to reach .25% in the CIP plant only to have it dissipate into hydrogen peroxide and not work well.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Lerasept O

I don't want to sound like a commercial for "O" but we started using it in the last 2 weeks at the minimum recommended levels and the kettle scale was totally gone - CIP 35 minutes, rinsed and then acid, the kettle was not only spotless but very easy to clean for several brews after the complete CIP. This was on a 20BBL kettle. We are using "O" in our Keg washer and for HX cleaning along with caustic. DO not directly mix the "O" and caustic together without hot water- you get jelly almost immediately - put recommended amounts in the hot water separately.
    Marty

Comment

I agree with the above post. I have added it at minimum suggested levels and the scale comes of better in the kettle. I add the caustic first to the hot water then the "O". Have added it to the keg washer but it is hard to tell any difference due to minimal ability to inspect the inside of the keg.

Jim Lieb
      Rocky River Brewing Co.

Comment

Working...
      X