1" high-temp hoses/tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1" high-temp hoses/tubing

Testing out my new nano system, and it seems that the 1/2" tubing is becoming a big bottleneck in terms of transferring between vessels, moving water around, largely because if the tiny opening in the tri-clamp hose barbs. I can't seem to find any information on larger diameter hoses/tubing. Brand names/vendors would be helpful.

Side note, my main concern is going out of the kettle, into fermenters, through 1/2" pipes. Full-sized brewer hoses are unnecessary, as that pipe (and non-negotiable bottleneck) is quite a bit smaller, but there has to be something better than what I have now?

Follow up

Curious as to how you made out on the 1" high temp/pressure hose. I have been searching for this myself. Any leads would be appreciated.

Comment

Fittings

Originally posted by ponysaurusbrew View Post
      Testing out my new nano system, and it seems that the 1/2" tubing is becoming a big bottleneck in terms of transferring between vessels, moving water around, largely because if the tiny opening in the tri-clamp hose barbs. I can't seem to find any information on larger diameter hoses/tubing. Brand names/vendors would be helpful.

Side note, my main concern is going out of the kettle, into fermenters, through 1/2" pipes. Full-sized brewer hoses are unnecessary, as that pipe (and non-negotiable bottleneck) is quite a bit smaller, but there has to be something better than what I have now?
      McMaster Carr has a good line of these. Check out what you want on their site and locate someplace to buy it cheaper.
      McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

Unisource supplies all our brewery hoses, from 1" up to 3". Prices are not cheap, but the hoses last for years and are easy to sanitize.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Matheson Gas or goodyear reps can find you plicord brewline or something along those lines for 8-15.00/ft for hose that can take steam and will last a long time.

Comment

Try GW Kent. http://www.gwkent.com/novabrew-berer-hose.html
            http://www.gwkent.com/goodyear-vintner-hose.html

Comment

Oops!

While our hoses do come from Unisource, we buy them through Nether Industries www.netherind.com/

Nether can make up hoses, with pretty much any kind of fitting you desire, and also are our suppliers for most of our sanitary SS fitting and parts and various brewery gaskets, etc. Great company to deal with.
              Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
              Terminal Gravity Brewing,
              Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Second on Nether Industries. Their prices are really good on most fittings and clamps. Bonus for me is that they're just down the street.
                Prost!
                Eric Brandjes
                Cole Street Brewery
                Enumclaw, WA

Comment

Working...
                X