Attention Montana Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Montana Brewers

Having lived out of state for some time now, I'm not up to date on MT distro laws but I understand that there is some provision for self distribution now. Anyhow, what I'm wondering is this: some friends of mine in Missoula who have a restaurant want to have do a beer pairing dinner with our beer. We don't currently distribute in MT. What I'd like to be able to do if possible is bring a couple kegs up, sell them to a brewer who can sell them to the restaurant. Does MT currently allow for this? Or would we have to talk to a distributor?

self distribution in mt

you can sell the kegs directly to the restaurant using your own vehicles and employees to get the beer to the restaurant, assuming you produce less than 60,000 bbl per year. you must pay mt excise tax on the kegs.

check out the law here:

I assume you must register with the department of revenue, but not sure how an out-of-state brewer goes about that.

sam

Comment

It is my understanding that Montana brewers cannot have any beer in their facility that was not produced there so "selling" a keg or two to a Montana brewery wouldn't work.
      Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
      X