Marchisio fermenters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marchisio fermenters

Does anyone have any experience using these flat bottomed variable capacity wine fermenters? I was thinking of using one for open-top fermentation on saisons, but wanted to see if anyone had some input, or suggestions on other open top fermenters that i should be looking into.

We used a open flat bottom fermenter when I was at doemens. we used it for my ipa and it worked perfect. you will have to top crop ale yeast with it if you are going to repitch and you will have to transfer with a pump. Other then that you will have no problem.

Comment

So did you use one of these fermenters, or a different company's?

Comment

Someone out there has to have tried these fermenters before and could provide me some information/feedback on them.

Comment

similar

I have three letina tanks which utilize a similar "bladder inflated" lid design. This design can and will make perfectly good beer but has a very high "pain in the ass" factor.

These tanks can handle no pressure or vacuum. Not even 1 psi. Without some sort of vent on top even gravity draining of the tank will create enough vacumm to "suck" the lid down into the tank. As krausen builds it can push the lid right out of the tank as well.

The area around this gasket seal is hard to clean and sanitize as there are a lot of "knooks and cranies" created between the inflating gasket and the tank.

If you are truly doing open fermentation then maybe you don't care about any of this but it's all I can offer advice-wise.

Beyond that I would be more worried about the fact that it has no jacketing and no manway or racking arm. Gonna be hard to control temps, harvest yeast and pull clean beer off the bottom....
          Scott LaFollette
          Fifty West Brewing Company
          Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Working...
          X