Long Time Beer Geek and Homebrewer Looking to Start Career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Time Beer Geek and Homebrewer Looking to Start Career

My name is Derrick J Roffman. I am 28 years old. My first taste of good beer came from southern Germany in Baden-Württemberg in June 2003. It was a wheat beer, actually Colaweizen. That was after a little more than 4 years of German class, it was a high school exchange where I spent two weeks in Germany. A few years after returning home a friend told me about BeerAdvocate (2005) and I started tasting and reviewing that day, learning how to distinguish between good and bad flavor profiles and different styles. To this date I have tried well over a thousand different labels, with almost 400 being reviewed and written down.

The same friend that introduced me to BeerAdvocate started homebrewing his own beer later that same year. It wasn't until a few months later when he started his all-grain brewing that I went over to help him brew. I helped him brew all grain for a year. He is now a head brewer. I have done a few extract brews on my own and hope to brew all grain soon using step mashing and getting proficient.

I have also spent a lot of time taking beer trips to many breweries around the midwest and a trip in 2010 to California through Colorado, Albuquerque, Arizona, and Seattle.

I am looking at breaking into a career in brewing.

Derrick J Roffman
    (563) 380-0758
    West Union, IA
    rennaissance_man@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Erdinger2003; 05-03-2013, 07:57 PM.
    Pour the beer of life hard and suck the drops of overflowing head.

I have since acquired all grain brewing kit and I have been brewing non stop since March. My previous knowledge from study plus reading a few more books with more at hand have made the transition to all grain very easy and I'm very happy with the results.
    Pour the beer of life hard and suck the drops of overflowing head.

Comment

Working...
    X