Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pall SUPRAdiscII vs Premiere 40-sheet plate filter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pall SUPRAdiscII vs Premiere 40-sheet plate filter.

I'm needing to figure out which route to follow. I'm new to filtration at a larger scale and have previously been using a 20" Pall canister for filtering on my 1BBL pilot setup. I'm presently looking to set up a 15BBL Premiere system and they offer a filter with their system which seems reasonably priced.

Are there any brewers here who have used both systems? I'd like to be able to clean my beer up to be reasonably bright, but not to filter it so far that it loses too much flavour and character. That having been said I would like to be in a position to export some of my beers so stability is also of interest in the longer term picture.

My main concerns are losses during filtration (I have one dry-hopped beer), cost of media, and safety while filtering 15-30BBL batches. My gut tells me it's better to use new filter media that costs less to reduce risk of infection and that a plate filter will be a little more time-consuming to set up than a cartridge disc system like the SUPRAdiscII.

I look forward to your comments.
    Regards,
    Chris Mills

Kereru Brewing Company
    http://kererubrewing.co.nz
Working...
X