Partner for farm brewery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner for farm brewery

Still trying to get one of the first farm breweries in Virginia started!!

My name is Barry Wood and I have a 300+ acre working farm just off of Route 29 in Nelson County, VA. A couple of years ago I started growing barley
    as an experiment to see if first quality barley for beer brewing can be grown in central Virginia. I grew a 6-row and a 2-row barley. I've malted, toasted and roasted the barley myself and initial testing has yielded some mighty good tasting beer. The desire is to create a farm brewery utilizing all local barley and hops. This would be a first in Virginia.
    Currently I am in search of an experienced brewer who may want to be part of a farm brewery. I have a 50 x 60 foot airplane hangar that could easily be converted into a malting facility and a separate building for brewing. Airplane hangar also has an attached apartment (bedroom and full bath). Also on premise is a 4 year old home with 2400 square feet available for rent.
    If anyone is interested in an “out of the box” new adventure, and has the experience to assist in accomplishing this goal, please give me a call at 434/531-7362. Call me the sooner the better, new crop of 2 and 6 row barley this spring.
Working...
X