"temporary" flooring under 15bbl uni-tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "temporary" flooring under 15bbl uni-tanks

I posted this here, well because it is kinda stupid and silly. We are a small scale brewery that is setting up to grow in steps. We currently have a 5bbl brewhouse and we're using the ol' plastic fermenters. We've just purchased and received 4 15bbl Uni-tanks, 1) to make more beer and 2) to have beer not get screwed up by not having good temperature control and cleaning practices due to the plastic tanks.

In the larger scheme of things, we intend to stop using some square footage of our building for its current use, knock down some walls, and concreate the floor properly for a bigger expansion to a 15bbl brewhouse with 30bbl tanks. Currently the brewhouse sits inside a built up floor with tile for waterproofing which is not large enough to also hold the new Uni-tanks.

What I'm looking to do temporarily is to sit the 15bbl tanks around the perimeter of our tile floor, and hook up hoses and such to drain into it, however I am thinking about making some affordable type of short term flooring to go under them to catch drips and such. Possibly thinking about maybe some good thick plywood thats maybe coated with epoxy.

Anyone have any good thoughts or ideas on what to do here? I know its kinda stupid I'll be throwing up a seperate thread under the equipment section to ask whats best to go about my glycol lines.

edit.....the building has heavy duty wooden floors...thats why I'm worried about drips. Obviously something slopped with a drain would be ideal
    Last edited by hokus; 01-18-2013, 01:05 PM.

Flooring

We do industrial grade coatings for Many Breweries. Best thing to do would be a good coating that will last. Pay for a good coating once instead of a cheap coating 2 or 3 times. Would love to steer you in the right direction. Feel free to email me pictures or call me. Cheers!!

Chris Klein cell#541-510-1080
    chris@cascadefloors.com
    Cascade Floors is an industrial flooring company specializing in epoxy or resin based floor and wall systems to cover and protect concrete and other surfaces.
    Chris Klein
    Cell 541-510-1080
    Office (503) 769-6823
    WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
    chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

Wish us luck as we are trying the following:

Put down 3/4" 4x6 sheet, screwed down to existing floor (which is 2x12, 12" on center, pretty solid was an old train building) and epoxied joints together. 4"x4" curb around parimeter screwed straight down tight. The floor itself is getting epoxy coated, and the curb is going to have automotive herculiner on it to waterproof it.

I know this all sounds crazy, but like I said its temporary, the tanks are going to move to a real location in about a year. It is only meant to catch drips and slight spills. All dumping of hoses/valves/etc will be into a curbed in quarry tile section with floor drains that the tanks will butt right against.

Tanks are going in this weekend, so I had to do something

Comment

Floor

Let me know how it works. Any questions you have in the future let me know. Always open to lend a hand. Even if we can install the job.

Best of luck. Cheers to great beers!!

Chris Klein cell#541-510-1080
        chris@cascadefloors.com
        Cascade Floors is an industrial flooring company specializing in epoxy or resin based floor and wall systems to cover and protect concrete and other surfaces.
        Chris Klein
        Cell 541-510-1080
        Office (503) 769-6823
        WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
        chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

Working...
        X