Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBST Keg Washer feedback

Hey Forumland -

Does anyone have experience with the PBST keg washer? http://www.pbstbeer.com/KegWasherDemo.html It is significantly less expensive than the other semi-automatic washer I have found. I would love to hear the good, bad and ugly about it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Element Brewing; 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM.

Originally posted by Element Brewing View Post
    Hey Forumland -

Does anyone have experience with the PBST keg washer? http://www.pbstbeer.com/KegWasherDemo.html It is significantly less expensive than the other semi-automatic washer I have found. I would love to hear the good, bad and ugly about it.

Thanks!
    Ditto. We're shopping too.

Comment

I'll tag along too.
      Tom Karvonen
      Co-Founder
      Oak Park Brewing Company
      Sacramento, CA

Comment

Anything new on this??? looks like alot are interested....
        Brew Master/Co-Owner
        Arclight Brewing Company
        Watervliet, MI

Comment

I'd like to hear feedback also.
          nate lanier
          @treehousebrewco

Comment

Price

As norm (for no reason, whatsoever) there is no price listed. How much is it?
            Noah A. Bolmer

Barley and Hops Tavern
            Occidental, CA
            www.barleynhops.com

Warped Brewing Company
            Sebastopol, CA

Comment

Originally posted by BH Tavern View Post
              As norm (for no reason, whatsoever) there is no price listed. How much is it?
              $11,900. I'm shopping too. Bumping for a review or two, hopefully!

PS: Why are places to secretive about pricing? They should feel good about the price they set and try to save everyone some time. If the price isn't right, they're not going to magically talk me into it with salesman magic...

Comment

Originally posted by TBAH_Brewer View Post
                $11,900. I'm shopping too. Bumping for a review or two, hopefully!

PS: Why are places to secretive about pricing? They should feel good about the price they set and try to save everyone some time. If the price isn't right, they're not going to magically talk me into it with salesman magic...
                If you call or email asking for a price, they have the opportunity to actually speak with you regarding what you're looking for, features/options you need, etc... And even though some are immune to the charm and ass-kissery from persistent salesmen, some people can actually be "talked into" a major purchase, regardless of the amount of money involved, if the salesman is smart. That's their job. They'd rather have contact with the potential customer than, say, list a price along with any pertinent information and let the person decide on their own freewill.
                Mike Slone
                Co-Founder, Head Brewer
                23 Brewing Company
                Instagram: @23brewingco - Facebook.com/23BrewingCompany

"Beer is the drink of men who think, who feel no fear nor fetter. Who do not drink to senseless sink, but drink to think the better" - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by StarCityBrewing View Post
                  If you call or email asking for a price, they have the opportunity to actually speak with you regarding what you're looking for, features/options you need, etc... And even though some are immune to the charm and ass-kissery from persistent salesmen, some people can actually be "talked into" a major purchase, regardless of the amount of money involved, if the salesman is smart. That's their job. They'd rather have contact with the potential customer than, say, list a price along with any pertinent information and let the person decide on their own freewill.
                  Yep, I totally get it, but what a pain.

Anyone out there with a review on this? How is PBST in general?

Comment

I would also be interested in reviews on the PBST keg washer, but I do have experience with dealing with PBST. We have purchased a bunch of kegs from them and several fermenters. All were satisfactory purchases and the build quality is good. Any minor issues (a bad spear or two) were resolved by Frank or Cindy.
                    -----

Simon Brown
                    Owner & Brewmaster
                    Claremont Craft Ales
                    Claremont, California

Comment

I am in the process of setting up a PBST keg washer right now. Just fired it up for the first time today and it runs well enough, though the program is too short and needs to be adjusted. They seem to have updated them since we bought this one to have a better cycle based on customer feedback. They say on the website that you can update the older units to use the new cycle, waiting to hear from the manufacturer on details to do that. I'll try to post more feedback once I actually get it setup to my satisfaction and start using it. I will say, the build quality seems to be quite good, better than the more expensive units from other manufacturers that I have seen at other local breweries.

Comment

PBST vs. Premier

Don't know anything about the PBST system, but the Premier that we just got is SWEET and the fully automated was less than $20k, so I can't imagine that the equivalent from them isn't similar.

Comment

Scratch that

This does far more than an equally priced system from Premier...and certainly from IDD. That being said, with most things in this and other industries, you get what you pay for. There's gonna be a reason its that cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by barleywhiner View Post
                            This does far more than an equally priced system from Premier...
                            You mean PBST?
                            Kevin Shertz
                            Chester River Brewing Company
                            Chestertown, MD

Comment

I have been using one of these keg washers for about a year now, and I can say we're quite happy with it. It gets the job done and cost quite a bit less than the competition, what more can you want? Aside from the manual being badly translated I can't complain.

I rearranged the plumbing a little bit to make it a three head washer rather than a washer/filler (I had no plans on using the filler function), it took about about $40 worth of stainless pipe fittings from mcmaster carr and about 45 min.

Having seen the premier keg washers other local breweries use I can't see any reason to go with one of those over this unit from PBST. It is, if anything, better made than the premier washers and at a much better price. As far as getting what you pay for, I really think it is just a case of it being cheaper because it is being sold directly by the Chinese rather than going through a North American middle man.

Comment

Working...
                              X