Wood-Clad equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood-Clad equipment

Does anyone know where to find wood-clad brewing equipment? Including a 10bbl brewhouse and fermentation vessels.

Try BrauKon. They make nifty looking wood clad equipment, like the Scratch brewhouse at Troeg's.

Nat

Comment

Just curious why anyone would desire wood-clad equipment? My first job was in a brewery with wood clad equipment. I'd have ripped it off and burned it, but it was soaked, rotten, and (for some unknown reason) the boss liked it. Not only that, but it hides the mess and corrosion on the stainless beneath. Are you specifically trying to grow spontaneous cultures of beer spoilers? If you are after the wood look, then a formica type skin or plastic vinyl sticker would be infinitely more sanitary. Don't know why health departments would even allow wood in a brewery. Best of luck!
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Obviously, its more for look than function. The Braukon test brewery in Bavaria is one of the prettiest systems ever built IMO.

http://www.braukon.de/uploads/pics/b...bavaria_01.jpg

Comment

Phillip, the newer stuff is isolated away from the stainless. it's not like the old oak-clad kettles that you may have worked on (I did, too...an amateur-clad PUB kettle with brick at the bottom and barrel staves at the top...a nightmare!)

I have to admit, I like the wood, too.

Comment

Wow that Braukon brewhouse is beeeeeeutiful. But my first thought was: "So much polishing...."

Nope, stainless that I can get shiny with a little sani-wash will do just fine.
            Russell Everett
            Co-Founder / Head Brewer
            Bainbridge Island Brewing
            Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Thanks for the BrauKon links. As you guys say, this is just about looks. We work an all stainless rig right now. Its not going anywhere. But for next time... you never know.

Comment

Working...
              X