Washington State Self Distribution Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State Self Distribution Payment

I am looking for information from those who self distribute in Washington State. WSLCB rules state you cannot extend credit and I was informed you are to collect some method of payment at the time of deliver unless there is prepayment. What is the standard for collecting money at the time of delivery. Are you using prepayment on kegs? What about cases to grocery stores?

Similar Rules in Georgia

I can't speak to Washington State rules specifically but Georgia has the same requirement for COD on all alcoholic products.

We used to allow accounts to pay in cash but then it became a safety issue for our drivers so we switched to check or money order for all COD payments. If an account bounces a check we then put them on money order only until any issue is resolved.

As far as prepayment ... Georgia allows us to maintain an escrow account and if a retailer wishes, they can send us a payment to put in escrow. We draw against that for payment and the retailer maintains an agreed upon level in the escrow account.

Georgia also allows us to use a service like Fintech where we submit the invoice amount and details to them and they draw the money from the retailer's bank account to send us. A lot of chain accounts use this service but very few smaller bars and restaurants do.
    David Little
    Beer Consigliere and IT Guy
    Savannah Distributing
    david@gabeer.com
    912.233.1167 x102

I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.
    Humorist Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
    X