Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• packaged teas

Hello all!

Looking for some advice on brewing / packaging nonalcoholic tea type beverages. My brewery produces unfiltered, bottle conditioned, American Abbey style beers. I don't even own a filter, let alone one with sterile capabilities, and my old wine filler is far from aseptic. Nonetheless, I have been approached by a local coffee shop interested in marketing one of their house teas. They are looking to have it brewed, packaged, and distributed. I have made sodas for in house service, but never anything nonalcoholic designed for shelf stability / safety. Does anyone have experience producing such a beasty?

Cheers,
    & Aloha,
    Ron

Hi Ron,

Producing that type of a product wouldn't be all that difficult, but there will be some challenges. Filtration of the finished product is not essential unless your customer demands it. Water treatment would be very important. I don't know how elaborate your treatment is for the brewery, but water treatment for teas and soft drinks is a whole other animal.
    Tea is a risky product in terms of microbiological stability. In the interest of public safety and your good reputation, you will need the facility to bottle that product hot and then pasteurize the product or use a retort process.
    None of this is all that difficult to deal with, but it is more or less manditory. I would be glad to discuss this with you if you need some help.

Bob

Bob@majesticpackaging.com

Comment

Working...
    X