Fill valve question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fill valve question

I'm trying to commission a Chinese 12 head filler and can't quite figure out a few issues.

It's a short tube filler. Shortly past the actuator that opens the fill valve arm is a pin that partially closes the arm for the valve. This pin is on the same bracket that mounts the fill valve actuator so it's only a few degrees past the point where the valve is opened.

The only thing I can see it being for is so that the CO2 needle in the center of the fill valve is completely free once the pressure in the bottle is balanced and the beer valve is opened by the spring. Or am I wrong?

We are bottling beer, and about half of the heads will violently foam over. as soon as the snift (vent) valve is opened the entire bottle turns white with bubbles. CO2 pressure I've tried is between 20 and 25 psi. Temp is ok, carbonation is ok too about 2.65.

I took one of the fill valves off to see if there was any issues with the seals on the valve. One thing that seemed odd was the fact they had used O-rings instead of snap rings to hold the stem assembly together. In the picture you can see a groove at the top of the fill tube assy. ( top left)
    I've got a snap ring sitting next to it, but the factory assembled these with o-rings to hold it together. This seemed to cause the slider in the center of the picture to stick to the center tube a bit. Not sure if this is a problem or not.
    I haven't changed the o-rings for snap rings yet either...

Chris
    Attached Files
Working...
X