Ultra Ever-Dry for floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Ever-Dry for floor?

Came across this on Reddit today. First thought: brewhouse floor! The sloped area to my trench drain... Wonder if it'll hold up to caustic and PAA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE in case we can't embed video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IPM8OR6W6WE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Russell Everett
    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
    Bainbridge Island Brewing
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Pretty expensive stuff. The tech sheet says it has 'excellent' acid resistance. The downloadable FAQ also includes:

"5. How well does Ultra-Ever Dry stand-up to acids/bases?
    Strong acids and bases are typically not a problem. Testing has been completed with sulfuric, hydrochloric, and phosphoric acid with excellent results. We have also seen good results shedding strong caustic and bleach. Certain gases may permeate the topcoat and extra surface preparation and/or primer may be required. Please contact us for more information."

Wonder if anyone has installed it in a brewing environment and has experiences?

Comment

Looks like awesome stuff. Called them after watching that video and got a local distributor. $2600 for 800 square feet. Ouch.

Added to my wish list for later...

Comment

Stood there, staring wistfully at my sopping wet concrete during today's brew...
        Russell Everett
        Co-Founder / Head Brewer
        Bainbridge Island Brewing
        Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Are you kidding me??!!

Comment

It says the surface will fail if treated/exposed to detergents...

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

Working...
            X