TTB Label Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTB Label Warnings

I noticed that on every brewery's keg collars it says "Attention Read Before Tapping" and some other language about contents under pressure, blah blah blah. Is this a requirement? I read through The Beverage Alcohol Manual (BAM) and found no mention of it. The reason I ask is that we submitted our labels a few days ago, but ours did not have this on there. I don't want to lose my place in line, but I don't want to be rejected either. What do I need to do? We did have the government warning on there.

Thanks,

Blaine

Whether or not it's a requirement, it's not a bad (and free) extra piece of CYA.

Also, don't worry about losing your place in line. Label approval takes about 5 business days and, if there's a problem, they'll tell you what needs to be fixed. Log in to COLAS, fix it, and you should receive approval the next day. That's been my experience over the last few weeks, anyway. YMMV.

Steve
    14th Star Brewing
    St Albans, VT

Comment

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Comment

Steve,

Just like you said I received a response in 5 business days. They did not ask me to add anything about pressure, but because I have other things to change anyways I'll go ahead and add it.

Comment

Working...
        X