DME or Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DME or Premier

**EDIT** With respect to those interested in our 7BBL system, it is not yet available. I am simply researching for an expansion that will not take place for a while. We will post the system up for sale when it is available in the appropriate section. Thank you for your interest. Cheers!

Hey Folks,

Looking into upgrading our 7Bbl for a 15 and want to know people's thoughts on these two suppliers. I have heard great things about premier but they are on the other side of the country. Without taking shipping cost into consideration what would your choice be? Thanks.
    Last edited by goodnaturebrew; 03-04-2013, 08:17 AM.
    Cheers,

Matt Whalen
    www.goodnaturebrewing.com

private message sent.
    Marc Bru
    Square Timber Brewing Company
    Pembroke, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Matt,

We purchased a complete 10bbl Premier system last year including six 20bbl tanks, mill and keg washer last year. The commissioning was a breeze and we've had no issues since then. We did a lot of research before committing and to me it was the best balance of quality, simplicity of design, reputation and price. Rob and the team there have been great to deal with as well.

You can see a video of our install here - we placed all the equipment in a day. There are other brew videos on our youtube channel and various photos on our site and facebook pages.

In terms of distance, I wouldn't worry too much about there. We're based in New Zealand!

Cheers,

Jos

Jos Ruffell
      Garage Project
      Garage Project is a small brewery based in Aro Valley, Wellington, New Zealand.

Comment

Thank You

Originally posted by Jos View Post
        Hi Matt,

We purchased a complete 10bbl Premier system last year including six 20bbl tanks, mill and keg washer last year. The commissioning was a breeze and we've had no issues since then. We did a lot of research before committing and to me it was the best balance of quality, simplicity of design, reputation and price. Rob and the team there have been great to deal with as well.

You can see a video of our install here - we placed all the equipment in a day. There are other brew videos on our youtube channel and various photos on our site and facebook pages.

In terms of distance, I wouldn't worry too much about there. We're based in New Zealand!

Cheers,

Jos

Jos Ruffell
        Garage Project
        www.garageproject.co.nz
        I have only been getting questions about our used equipment and when we are going to sell it. So I really appreciate the feedback about premier. We are still about a year out or more from any expansions, but as you probably understand I am doing my homework now. So thank you I will take a look at the videos and again appreciate the opinion on premier!
        Cheers,

Matt Whalen

Comment

Love it!

Originally posted by goodnaturebrew View Post
          I have only been getting questions about our used equipment and when we are going to sell it. So I really appreciate the feedback about premier. We are still about a year out or more from any expansions, but as you probably understand I am doing my homework now. So thank you I will take a look at the videos and again appreciate the opinion on premier!
          Ok Jos, So I have had a chance to check out some of the vids you have up here. Not only do I think the unique beers your are working on are pretty great, but the system looks wonderful as well. I bet Rob and the team were shaking a little when you were putting all those red rocks in the mash tun. "All that hard work we've done and these crazy brewers are going to destroy it with rocks!" Looks like great stuff you are working on here and can not wait to get my hands on some. Thanks again for the help.
          Cheers,

Matt Whalen

Comment

I know West Sixth in Lexington KY started out with a new Premier Stainless system about a year ago. Might be worth giving them a shout.

Comment

+1 on Premier

I started work at a small startup last summer with a brand new 10bbl Premier system and in general, I like it. There are a few things I would change if I could (e.g. I would go for a grant,) but many of the decisions were made before I was hired on. Commisioning was straight forward and I enjoyed working with Dave M. We haven't had any major issues, but whatever little ones we've had were addressed by Rob and crew in a timely manner.

I really like brewing on the system, too!

Recommended...

Cheers- Mike

Comment

Leaning Towards Premier

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
                I started work at a small startup last summer with a brand new 10bbl Premier system and in general, I like it. There are a few things I would change if I could (e.g. I would go for a grant,) but many of the decisions were made before I was hired on. Commisioning was straight forward and I enjoyed working with Dave M. We haven't had any major issues, but whatever little ones we've had were addressed by Rob and crew in a timely manner.

I really like brewing on the system, too!

Recommended...

Cheers- Mike
                Thanks for the input Mike! I am leaning towards Premier so far. One because of the amount of time it took for DME to get back to me on a quote, which in my mind says if they are to busy to respond now then what happens down the road? Christine(I assume Robs wife) responded the next day and answered all of my questions within a day of asking, usually in the same day. Also even with shipping their price is still lower. I love the looks of their FVs too! The manway looks clean and easy to work with and everything looks solid.

I am going to continue to hear what people have to say but I am sure leaning towards premier base on customer service alone.
                Cheers,

Matt Whalen

Comment

Ordering soon

Matt,

I have been emailing back and forth with Christine at Premier for a few months now and her responses are always very prompt. We will also be ordering our 15 bbl system from them by the end of the month. Good Luck!
                  Gregg Piechota
                  Four Mile Brewing
                  Olean, NY

Comment

Ok Jos, So I have had a chance to check out some of the vids you have up here. Not only do I think the unique beers your are working on are pretty great, but the system looks wonderful as well. I bet Rob and the team were shaking a little when you were putting all those red rocks in the mash tun. "All that hard work we've done and these crazy brewers are going to destroy it with rocks!" Looks like great stuff you are working on here and can not wait to get my hands on some. Thanks again for the help.
                    Thanks Matt - we've been having a lot of fun on the system and so far it's taken everything we can throw at it. We also opted for the condensing stack that works very well. Red Rocks was certainly a very nervous moment for us. At the time we did that brew, the system was less than a couple months old! It did make a hell of a mess but the end result was worth it. Echoing Mike's comment, we're looking at adding a grant, but I believe they come standard now for 10bbls and certainly for anything larger. Tank quality is great and we've had no issues on that front either.

Drop me a message if you have any specific questions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000289.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	190114

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by GPiechota View Post
                      Matt,

I have been emailing back and forth with Christine at Premier for a few months now and her responses are always very prompt. We will also be ordering our 15 bbl system from them by the end of the month. Good Luck!
                      Thanks, I would love to see photos and feedback when you receive the equipment. I too have felt pretty comfortable with Christine so far and I have had to talk with Dave and Rob so far and they have all been very responsive. There is just not enough you can say about good customer service. What are you going with for FV's? 15, 30, 60? You are doing a 2 vessel right?

Thanks for the response.
                      Cheers,

Matt Whalen

Comment

Man you crammed!

Originally posted by Jos View Post
                        Thanks Matt - we've been having a lot of fun on the system and so far it's taken everything we can throw at it. We also opted for the condensing stack that works very well. Red Rocks was certainly a very nervous moment for us. At the time we did that brew, the system was less than a couple months old! It did make a hell of a mess but the end result was worth it. Echoing Mike's comment, we're looking at adding a grant, but I believe they come standard now for 10bbls and certainly for anything larger. Tank quality is great and we've had no issues on that front either.

Drop me a message if you have any specific questions.

[ATTACH]10121[/ATTACH]

Thanks again Jos! How many square feet you have there? Man you got it packed right in! I would have been scared S$%^less if I was putting hot exploding rocks into my mash!

They do have grants included with all the systems above 10BBL now.

Thanks again.
                        Cheers,

Matt Whalen

Comment

Thanks again Jos! How many square feet you have there? Man you got it packed right in! I would have been scared S$%^less if I was putting hot exploding rocks into my mash!

They do have grants included with all the systems above 10BBL now.

Thanks again.
                          Some more photos here from a recent story in our local paper.

Room for a few more tanks yet and we are now running a 6 head Maheen as well. The 20bbl's aren't so much the problem. It's the mountain of kegs, bottles, our pilot kit, smaller pilot tanks etc that take up the space. You can fit a lot inside a compact space...dinner for 40 even and the brewhouse makes a rather excellent piano stand....

Name:	Larder GP Dinner 9.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	190115Click image for larger version

Name:	Larder GP Dinner 12.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	190116

And just cause we're super proud of it, some shots of our new cellar door that looks straight into the brewery.

Name:	Cellar Door 1st March 2013.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	190117Click image for larger version

Name:	Cellar Door_4.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	190118

Comment

Thanks, I would love to see photos and feedback when you receive the equipment. I too have felt pretty comfortable with Christine so far and I have had to talk with Dave and Rob so far and they have all been very responsive. There is just not enough you can say about good customer service. What are you going with for FV's? 15, 30, 60? You are doing a 2 vessel right?

Thanks for the response.
                            I will definitely keep you updated on our progress with Premier. We are going to start off with 4-15's to go along with the direct fired 2 vessel system and 30bbl HLT.
                            Gregg Piechota
                            Four Mile Brewing
                            Olean, NY

Comment

new england brewing systems

You may want to check out New England Brewing Systems out of Gloucester Mass. U.S. made and local

Comment

Working...
                              X