Keg spear help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg spear help

I was refurbing some spears today and must not have put one back together correctly and it fell apart in the keg. Now the spear is inside the keg and I can not for the life of me get it out. Anyone have this happen? If so, how did you get it out? I can't get it to drop into the opening, it gets stuck on the bottom of the keg. Any advice would be appreciated.......and I hope its not to sell it to a home brewer for a kettle.

Thanks!

Can you take some pictures of the spear, keg an both together?

Comment

This is a terrible picture, but its the best I could get. I can touch it and move it around. But I can't get it straight enough to fall out of the keg. I have tried using a sick to kind of bump the bottom of the spear up, no luck. Its just the spear itself. The part that slides into the keg opening stayed in place, so I don't have to worry about that.

Crap, I can't believe I did this.
      Attached Files

Comment

Try to use a pice of wire like an old wire hanger. Bend it so it is straight and use it as a guide. Get it into the spear and flip keg upside down, the spear should (with some finess) drop down over the wire. Never trided it but it should work.
        Aron Levin
        St. Florian's Brewery
        Windsor CA 95492
        www.stfloriansbrewery.com
        www.facebook.com/stfloriansbrewery

Comment

Good tip on the wire. I was able to grab the spear and pull it to the middle with the keg right side up. I then, held the spear in place (pushing it toward the bottom of the keg) with my hand as I turned it upside down. It then fell right out!!! Thank you for the help!!!!!!

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X