Cask SAMS canning machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cask SAMS canning machine?

Just seeing if anyone has any personal experience with the Cask semi automated canning machine. Ive seen the thread on here describing the problem with the Cask seamer but I've been assured that unit has been updated over the years and this shouldn't be an issue moving forward. Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers

5 head Cask canner

The main issue with this canning machine are the bearings on the seam heads. You must use high quality double sealed bearings. Check them regularly and have an extra set on hand with the seam rollers on them. It only takes a few minutes to change them out. They sit in a wet area when seaming so, it's hard to keep them from getting wet with product. I would expect other machines to have the same issue with bearings in a wet area.
    Another issue is the lid depenser getting out of sync with the cans. I added a proximity to tell when the magazine is empty, it just keeps it full no matter what now.

Comment

Originally posted by triple View Post
      The main issue with this canning machine are the bearings on the seam heads. You must use high quality double sealed bearings. Check them regularly and have an extra set on hand with the seam rollers on them. It only takes a few minutes to change them out. They sit in a wet area when seaming so, it's hard to keep them from getting wet with product. I would expect other machines to have the same issue with bearings in a wet area.
      Another issue is the lid depenser getting out of sync with the cans. I added a proximity to tell when the magazine is empty, it just keeps it full no matter what now.
      You should talk with Matt from AKA Brewing in Durango, Co. He has a long history in encountering and addressing Cask seam problems.

Comment

Working...
      X