Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Floor Drains ?

hey formites:

we have just been approached by a floor drain company that claims that they have a ss floor drain that does not require a grate to go over the drain b/c they limit the width to just a couple of inches. They also have an extensive clean out system that works like a swimming pool filter. They claim they have been installing them in AB plants across the country. The advantage seems to be that they require zero maintence and that they are resistant to damage caused by forklifts, carts, etc. We were planning on installing ACO's fiberglass system with the stainless grates, but these SS drains have really grabbed my interest. Though, let it be known that they are about twice the price of the ACO system. Just thought that i would see if anyone has used these before ????
    Attached Files

hmmm....

I don't know... I'd have to see these new drains in action. Spent grain, hops, etc. have the ability to clog even the largest of openings... but, the narrow opening is intriguing, especially when it comes to forklift and pallet jack traffic...

let us know what happens and how they work out should you decide to go that way...

- JOHN

Comment

I don't know if I like them. Seems like a real easy problem for a wayward gasket or tool to roll into the drain, but it's not so easy to fish them out again. At least with the standard fiberglass drains, you can just lift the grate and grab what you want.

Comment

I have seen them in use plenty of times out in the trailer yards. They are great, doing exactly what they claim in terms of not breaking the concrete up round the drain itself, BUT, they do seem to block easily - at least when outside, where they fill with leaves and grit. Not actually having worked closely with them, I suspect they really need power jetting out periodically, but just don't get it. They don't seem to be fitted with drain access at both ends, much to my surprise, so you cannot flush through with a powerful flush flood of water from one end into the drain.

Have to say therefore, for hygienic design, give me a stainless steel lined wide gully, with removeable stainless grid covers ever time.

If you are forced to have FLTs / wagons operating over the gullys, then I think these will work OK, providing you flush through the wretched things through regularly, and keep the traps cleared out regularly.

I would trust SS more than fibreglass drain gullys, whatever form they take
        dick

Comment

One drawback would be that small-wheeled equipment, such as a DE or sheet filter, could get stuck in the openings. But they look pretty easy to clean out.
          Linus Hall
          Yazoo Brewing
          Nashville, TN
          www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Working...
          X