Stainless Steel Commercial Sink Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel Commercial Sink Size

I am need of a stainless commercial sink for my micro brewery which will not break the bank. What size of sink are you using? What is the depth, height, width of the individual sink sections? Are you using a three compartment sink? Any other considerations? How about a reasonably priced source?

Thank you in advance.

We only have glass washing as a need at our taproom, but my best advice is ebay. We got ours off ebay, brand new, probably made in china or something, but nsf certified, which is what we needed for the health department. I believe the company was ab restaurant equipment, but just do a search on there, and you'll find a ton that are way cheaper than most other places, and most have free freight as well.

My only advice would be to get the smallest one that will fit your needs, and try to fit it in a place that is tall enough to not make your bartenders bend over to wash glasses. We got one with a 16Wx12Dx20H sink size, and I wish we had gotten something smaller. Would have allowed us to put it up higher so you don't have to hunch over to wash glasses, and would save some water when filling up the sinks. It's too big for just washing just glasses, and it takes about 5 gallons per sink to fill up. May swap it out at some point if we need more space for another keg or bottle cooler, but it's there now, so it goes.

p.s. we had to have a 3-compartment for the health department, as well as a seperate hand wash sink. got them all from the same place.

Comment

If you're not in a hurry, both Craigslist and restaurant supply auction web sites are also good sources for SS sinks. Restaurants are always going out of business somewhere, and oftentimes their equipment can be picked up at a decent price.

Since they have no motors or expensive moving parts, it's worth considering used.
      Kevin Shertz
      Chester River Brewing Company
      Chestertown, MD

Comment

Thank you for the replies and good information.

Comment

Make sure it sits at a good height for you. I've now got to find some leg extensions and raise our whole thing 4" because once you're bending down to the deep sink it's hard on the bar staff. 29" is too low. :/
          Russell Everett
          Co-Founder / Head Brewer
          Bainbridge Island Brewing
          Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Working...
          X