Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon to be college graduate looking to enter the Craft Beer industry

Hello Everyone,
    I'd like to start by saying that as of May 2013 I will be graduating from the State University of New York College at Plattsburgh with a Bachelor of Science degree. I’ve majored in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management which is paired with a minor in Business. Since entering the food service industry when I was 15, I’ve had much experience with many different titles. During my time in the field, I have been employed as a busser, food runner, host, server, prep cook, line cook, and other related food service positions. I have even been in positions that involved sales, ordering, receiving and storage. As you might imagine, this wide range of work experience has allowed me to further develop my customer service skills across a wide range of hospitality settings.
    In February of 2013, during my spring semester, I was given the opportunity to intern with the head brewer of Legends Brewpub in Plattsburgh, NY. Here I have observed and assisted in many processes regarding brew day operations, CIP cleaning and sanitizing methods, PAYing and pitching yeast, recipe formulation and cleaning/filling half and sixth barrel kegs. I have also studied concepts focusing on the marketing, advertising and distribution trends of a craft beer brewed by a small batch brewpub. In addition to these procedures, I have been familiarized with many terms and concepts through craft brewing literature and textbooks.
    I’ve found that my passion for craft beer grows richer everyday as I continue to use hands-on experience at my internship, as well as acquiring more knowledge from literature and even occasional home brewing. My primary interests are focused on obtaining a sales position for a craft brewery, due to my education in hospitality management; however, I am not opposed to any position in the industry considering my status as novice in the field. I would prefer to work in an area associated with the North Atlantic or East Coast United States region. I am an organized person, driven by the success of my individual accomplishments, while still holding the companies values and expectations to a high standard. I am eager to make a name for myself in the craft beer industry, and work alongside those who share a passion for their career. If I sound like the ideal candidate for your organization, than please feel free to reply to this post, or get in contact with me through my email at Andrew.scott2391@gmail.com. I have a resume and CV available upon request. Thank you for taking the time to review this post, and I hope to read any replies soon!

Sincerely,

Andrew Stevens
Working...
X