What to do if I can't get utility data on my Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do if I can't get utility data on my Tanks

We bought three 30bbl conicals and one 30bbl brite used from another brewery. The manufacturer isn't providing much utility info (no Temp in, Temp out, gpm, psi drop, etc.) and the former brewer does't know any of the info.
    I have only been told the flow rate is 15.58 GPM. What can I do to provide more info to glycol companies?
    Last edited by DecoctionMash; 04-08-2013, 02:38 PM.

Overthinking it?

Do you already have a header and everything? If so, then you can't really design your whole cooling system around these tanks. That being said, if you are going to be designing it around this, you can take the inlet and outlet size of your jackets, take that 15.8 gpm, calculate the pressure necessary, install a self fluctuating VFD on your circulation pump (make sure it can run with a VFD before you install) and set the pressure on that VFD to the pressure necessary to keep 15.8 gpm moving through the jackets.

If you already have the entire cooling system designed, you can calculate the pressure necessary and put a gauge on the outlet of the jacket and adjust the pressure with a ball valve on that outlet.

Comment

Working...
    X