Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Requested on Pilot Systems

Hi Brewers,

I am looking for some feedback on selecting a 20 - 30 gallon brewing system. I have narrowed my search to the following 3 systems:

More Beer 2100DD
    A professional level brewing system designed for avid homebrewers. A complete, turn-key homebrewing system that ships for free!

The Blichmann - Tower of Power -
    The Command Stand™ offers the ultimate in brewing flexibility! It's unique, modular design gives you the ability to customize your stand with just the components you need, and add more when you want to. The online configurator makes creating your ultimate system a breeze.

A beer brewing kettle is a lifetime investment, and if you're an extract brewer, you can still use your favorite brew pot when you switch to all-grain brewing.

When you want innovation and quality, go Blichmann. Once you’ve experienced their patented designs, you won’t want to go back.

PsychoBrew

If someone told you they were giving you one of these three systems for free, which one would you choose, and why.

Thanks.

Clamtown Guy

Feedback

To me, it really depends on your process and the beers you intend to brew, or might want to brew in the future. Think about whether or not you are going to be doing single infusion mashes, or step mashes. Are you going to be using whole leaf hops or pellets? How are you going to chill your wort? I bought a SABCO system when I first dove into this, but I did not do enough research. I have since modified it so it does what I want. You do not need a lot of fancy computerized stuff that adds to the cost. If I had it to do all over again, I would map out my process, decide what equipment I need, and find a resource for scrap stainless tanks and a fabricator - assuming you do not have the skills for sanitary welding yourself. You will be money ahead and happier, IMO, with your custom system. There are lots of resources for ordering components. I recently designed and had built a seven barrel, three-vessel brewhouse that uses a HERMS coil, and I can precisely regulate, maintain, and step my mashes. I can make any style of beer out there. It cost me less than $40,000 including all of the valves, pumps, burners, controllers and fittings. It was put together by a local fabricator. I could not be more pleased with the system.
    James Romano
    Owner, and everything else . . .
    Fire Cirkl, White City, OR

Comment

Working...
    X