Brew House Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brew House Builders

I have quotes from a few vendors. One vendor came in significantly higher than the other 3, by a factor of 50%. This was for a 15 Bbl setup, including fermenters and brites. Can anyone shed some light on the manufacturer of their brew house and/or experiences you've had with different builders.

A few thoughts

To a large extent, you get what you pay for.

I suspect that if you read the fine details of everything they are going to supply that the more expensive kit will be the more comprehensive set of kit, and you will be liable for fewer adds on, which rapidly rack up the cost. This can even come down to bespoke building at the higher cost, rather than simply an off the peg "solution", which then has to be modified, or worse, the buildings modified because they don't come with detailed as built drawings and scaled layout drawings. Does the cost include delivery to site and installation and training? Does it include electrics and hoses? Have they allowed for extraction fans, slopes on floors (i.e. height adjustable legs), waste handling?

Check the quality of the fittings being supplied, where they are coming from and how easy it is to get spares. Not saying the most expensive is always the best quality, but there is normally a reason a cheap supplier is cheap - he is often quoting the bare minimum to get the initial interest, but the final price is higher than the so called more expensive option.

Cheers
    dick

Comment

Working...
    X