Packaged beer on-premise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaged beer on-premise?

Hey guys. We're a Texas start-up and having an internal debate about how well packaged beer actually sells to on-premise accounts. Obviously there are a ton of variables, but I was just curious how much more draft you guys are selling vs packaged.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

I think it depends greatly on the specifics of each account but draft in general is always more popular than package. Accounts with few handles will sell more package beer than accounts with lots of handles but draft is still going to dominate.

On a side note though, package is great way to keep your product available in accounts that rotate handles when you're beer isn't one of those handles.
    Owner
    Grind Modern Burger
    PostModern Brewers
    Boise, ID

Comment

Bottles are a much smaller commitment for a bar to make, especially if you're new and still working on building a following. I wouldn't want to swap out a fast-moving craft offering (on tap) for one of yours, if that means it'll just sit around. So it'll really depend on the number of taps your target customers have.

Comment

There are many options as you stated.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f..._t=photo_reply

You are right to consider your alternatives.

Good luck!

Comment

Bottles are great for small restaurants that do not have draft, or only a couple of taps.
          Mike Lanzarotta
          Commercial Real Estate Broker
          finding space for breweries in Southern California
          former owner and brewer, Crown City Brewery, Pasadena CA

Comment

Working...
          X