Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment from DME, Diversified Metal Engineering Ltd

Hello Forumites

We are considering Unitanks from DME, at a later stage possibly a brewing System.
    I am interested to hear what others with experience have to say. Thanks a lot.

Cheers

DME, good equipment, meh service

Hello,
    My first gig was about 90% outfitted with DME so I know their equipment well. The steam brewhouse was very well built and well designed, as long as you like a swing-link panel. No dead-ends, just very well designed and well constructed. I brewed on another of their brewhouses that was similar but direct-fire, and it was equally well built, and just a little older, so you could see some of the advancements over a couple years. These brewhouses are now 15+ years old, so I can't even begin to speak about what the new one's would look like but I would be surprised if they weren't pretty top notch. The unitanks are some of the best that I have worked with. The older top manyway tanks that I had were very well constructed, but could have cleaned up a little easier. The side shadowless manways that I had were spectacular.

All this being said, I have requested many quotes from them over the past few years and have waited... and waited. Sometimes I would get a quote several weeks after my request, and sometimes not at all. I have heard from several others that they are rarely on time with delivery dates as well. For these reasons, I have yet to buy their equipment myself.
    Jeff

Comment

Currently working with 4 10 bbl unitanks and 3 30 bbl brite tanks with a 4th on its way. I have had nothing but a great experience with customer service, delivery, design/engineering, the tanks themselves. They have switched from the old style top manway to a new top manway that cleans up during cip better than the pin swing type. One example of their support was on our first delivery. We cross threaded one of the feet. DME sent a new part overnight and paid a local welder to put on a new threaded base to thread into.
      Ben Roesch
      Wormtown Brewery

Comment

Dme

I have purchased from DME numerous times, and we have purchased 5 Unitanks over the past year from them. These 5 tanks were built in Canada, not China, as they supply both. Very good quality, second to none. Even the China built DME's are pretty good. I have had no problems getting quotes, and was always able to talk with the project guys.

Cheers,

Don

Originally posted by barleywhiner View Post
        Hello,
        My first gig was about 90% outfitted with DME so I know their equipment well. The steam brewhouse was very well built and well designed, as long as you like a swing-link panel. No dead-ends, just very well designed and well constructed. I brewed on another of their brewhouses that was similar but direct-fire, and it was equally well built, and just a little older, so you could see some of the advancements over a couple years. These brewhouses are now 15+ years old, so I can't even begin to speak about what the new one's would look like but I would be surprised if they weren't pretty top notch. The unitanks are some of the best that I have worked with. The older top manyway tanks that I had were very well constructed, but could have cleaned up a little easier. The side shadowless manways that I had were spectacular.

All this being said, I have requested many quotes from them over the past few years and have waited... and waited. Sometimes I would get a quote several weeks after my request, and sometimes not at all. I have heard from several others that they are rarely on time with delivery dates as well. For these reasons, I have yet to buy their equipment myself.
        Jeff

Comment

DME stuff has a good rep for a good reason. I'm not a fan of the "valentine arm" on some of their mash tuns, but I'd buy DME unis in a heartbeat.

Comment

Dme

Thanks guys for sharing all these posts, helps a lot.
            One thing I need clarification on though, what is the valentine arm and how is it used?

Comment

Working...
            X