Crash Temperatures & Clarity in Serving Vessel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Temperatures & Clarity in Serving Vessel

What cold crash temps do you use? We're a 5BBL looking at how to crash in our jacketed FV to pull yeast and break material while remaining as efficient as possible. So, what temperatures have worked for you?

We'll be serving from jacketed tanks, and I'd like to keep as much yeast and drop-out material out of the SV as possible, what is the best way to minimize this? It is my assumption that there will still be a suspended materials in the tank even after a good crash. Do you just accept that the first draws off of the tank will be less clear?

I know that some use finings at this point. If you're adding a fining to your brights/serving vessels, how do you pull them out of the tank after they've done their work? At what points in the process have you had success using finings?

Thanks all,
    Tim
    O'Meara Bros. Brewing Company

I add 100ml biofine/1bbl beer into my serving tank before I transfer my beer. After 3 days everything settles to the bottom to be pulled off. Beer is ready to serve.

Comment

Colder the better- 33f. At least 5 deg colder than serving temp for chill haze.
      Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
      tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
      "Your results may vary"

Comment

Originally posted by brewmaster 2011 View Post
        I add 100ml biofine/1bbl beer into my serving tank before I transfer my beer. After 3 days everything settles to the bottom to be pulled off. Beer is ready to serve.
        I'm assuming you pull it off before you pressurize?

Thanks!
        Tim

Comment

Working...
        X