Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experienced craft beer professional seeking employment in the Portland, OR area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced craft beer professional seeking employment in the Portland, OR area.

Hello
    My name is Craig Gulla, an experienced craft beer professional here in Portland, OR.

Here's a brief bio:
    I moved here in 1995 and entered the craft beer scene as a delivery driver on the Beer Truck for McMenamins. Soon I was working as a cellar-man at their 15BBL system, and before long was a brewer in charge of my own brewery. I then bounced around a bit until I landed at the Crystal Ballroom Brewery which was a production facility with 8 fermenters and 9 severs/brites. Annual capacity was about 2,500BBL, so we were quite busy. During this time I was a 'training brewer', and brewed with (or taught) some great people in the industry, many of whom have gone on to do some pretty darn good things for the craft beer scene. Needless to say, as a brewer I was responsible for all aspects of the process, from grain to glass as they say, in addition to ordering, shipping, distribution and inventory control.

In 2010 I left McMenamins to concentrate on The BeerMongers, a beer store/beer bar which I founded the year before with a friend of mine. The retail aspect of the craft beer scene, rather than just the production aspect, gave me yet another perspective of the industry. Working closely with the local distributors, reps and other retailers and producers as well as launching a successful start-up, was another valuable learning experience I was happy to be a part of. I sold my half in 2012 when our lease was up.

In December of 2012 I started exploring producing (and barrel aging) malt vinegar and kombucha on a largish scale (10BBL). For various reasons, both of those ventures hit dead ends, and so it's important I now re-enter the work force.

As you can see, I've stayed busy over the last seventeen years, but as the craft beer industry continues to expand and evolve, I too wish to continue my growth within this industry I've been involved with for so long. My hope is that my experience as a driver, cellar-man, brewer and retailer can be of value to someone. Thus my bio on ProBrewer.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the Portland area, whether it be in distribution support, packaging, production, sales or all of the above, please do not hesitate to shoot me an email and I'll send you a formal resume, list of references, or whatever else you might want.

Thanks for reading, and Keep Portland Beered!

Craig Gulla
    craiginpdx@gmail.com
Working...
X