Heat Exchanger ID Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Exchanger ID Help

I have a heat exchanger with no model or manufacturer information on it. When I got it, about a third of the gaskets were terrible, so I'm running with fewer plates than I really should have. No matter what I do, I can't get my output below 80F in a single pass. It takes me nearly an hour to chill 1.5 bbl worth or wort with 55F ground water temp, so I know there's something seriously wrong here. I'm going to start by trying to get some replacement gaskets and get the other plates into service.

Anyone recognize this unit, or have a good resource on where to go for help finding replacement gaskets?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-29 14.13.21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	193180Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-29 14.14.04.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	193181Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-29 14.14.14.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	193182

Have you tried calling CJ Mulanix or Thermaline? They sell the replacement gaskets for all kinds of HX brands and models. If you send them the pics as well as the dimensions on one of the plates they should be able to help you. I think the CJ Mulanix site has diagrams to show you where to take various measurements on the plate. Worst case is getting them custom made by someone like Dwight at Brewerygaskets.com.

Comment

Working...
    X