Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold Room Condensate - any tricks out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Room Condensate - any tricks out there?

Search was no help on this one but if you know of some old threads please point me the way...

I'm sure many have this problem but I'm curious if anyone has come up with any good solutions to the issue.....

My cold room sits on the concrete floor (thus non-insulated). Where the walls of the cooler meet the floor there is always a little condensate that sits there and gets moldy until I come around and scrub it off. Then a week later its back. The problem is of course worse in the summer than the winter, but a pain none the less. Has anyone out there been able to think up a solution to this (other than installing a insulated floor). I have everything sealed well and there isn't any areas on the outside that feel cool. I suspect there is no cure for this as long as I am sitting directly on the concrete floor but I just thought I would ask the collective brain trust out there anyway...

Many thanks.
    Scott LaFollette
    Fifty West Brewing Company
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Condensation will always form at the intersection of hot and cold... short of having some sort of foam beneath the cold room walls that can create a slight air gap between materials, I don't know of a real fix for your problem.
    Kevin Shertz
    Chester River Brewing Company
    Chestertown, MD

Comment

It's no cure but have you thought of using a quat on the floor? I know lots of people don't want that stuff in their brewery but if you keep it on the floor and away from the beer, it isn't an issue.

Comment

Working...
      X