Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChemStation

Hey guys,
    Hope all is well. Has anyone been using the ChemStation http://www.chemstation.com/ CIP Caustic 50144 and CIP Acid 9836? If so, how do you like them? Thanks!
    Brian
    Bold City Brewery
    Jacksonville, FL

Chemstation

We are using Chemstation products currently, and I find them excellent. The only issue I have with their caustic is that it is pretty foamy. However, we have odd sprayballs and aren't using much diluted chemicals. We've found that the caustic works well at 7.5-10 gallons diluted cleaner for a 15 bbl ferm, and 10-15 gallons for a 30 bbl. 10 usually does the trick. This caustic also works very well with low temp washes (around 100°F). We use the Acid CIP for passivating ferms, and we use it exclusively in our single-walled bright tanks. We never see any residual staining or beer stone. Their chlorine foam cleaner works very well for removing protenacious stains while not leaving much of a chlorine odor. We do 30 minute cycles for all CIPs.
    Cheers!

Comment

We are also using them. You can't beat the service, free delivery and they fill only what you want. The actual container is very handy since it has a ball valve and it's own drip containment dish, though there's no waste cause you can collect every drop! The only thing I have to say negatively is that the caustic is about half the concentration of others I've bought. I'll keep using it though, as the price is right and the service is top notch.

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

Comment

Working...
        X