Fixed CIP and Rotating CIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed CIP and Rotating CIP

I just got our 4BBL equipment in from China.

They send me a fixed CIP ball soldered to a 4" Tip clamp. Makes sense you mount it to the top port of the FV and brights etc to run your CIP thru.

But I also got a rotating CIP ball. It ends with a 1/2" female FTP thread. Not welded to a triclamp connection. How am I supposed to use this?

Not sure they they sent me a fixed non rotating CIP and a female threaded CIP...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIP10F10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	193184

Firstly, if your bright tanks are really going to contain filtered beer, you should not be using the same CIP fluids, pipes, pumps etc for filtered beer tanks and for yeast containing FVs. I accept however in a setup this size, you will not have the gone to the expense of having two completely separate systems.

But you might want to consider just using the fixed sprayballs in the bright tanks and the rotating head in the FVs. They can be used pretty much interchangeably in small tanks. However fixed balls can be inserted at an angle. Rotating heads have to be vertical, normally hanging down, though a few are designed to be used vertically from the bottom. The bearing design dictates suitability. Easy check - hold it vertically and spin it. If it spins OK, then use hanging vertically.

If you use fixed heads, they can block with rubbish, particularly in FVs. If you use spinning heads, grit or similar can stop them spinning, in which case they need to be cleaned out and the vessel recleaned.

As to why they sent you both...
    dick

Comment

Working...
    X