Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UL listing for 1/2bbl brewstand?

Hi Folks,

We are very close to opening our nano in Ashland, Oregon and our city inspectors are asking us for a UL listing or some sort of certification for our custom made brewstand. Has any other nano here run across this before, and if so what was your solution. We are aware of an agency in Portland which will inspect and certify the frame, although I do not have a name or contact as of yet. Any help or suggestions would really help. I'm afraid the listing agency is going to break our budget and I need to find another solution.

Cheers and thanks for the help!!
    -Brandon
    --
    Brandon Overstreet
    President, Co-Founder
    Swing Tree Brewing Company
    300 E. Hersey St. #7
    Ashland OR, 97520
    c. 541-591-8584
    boverstreet at swingtreebrewing.com
    www.SwingTreeBrewing.com

Ul

Brandon,
    Is the UL requirement is for the stand or the electrical controls or both?

Comment

The inspectors want to see the entire unit listed as a single piece of equipment. I believe that it is the Chinese manufactured 32 tip burners that they are mainly concerned with. The frame however is custom built and I'm told I'll never get someone to list it or sign off on any other type of safety inspection mainly because it is a custom frame. We are plumbing in UL Listed safety shut off pilot lights on them all and there are no electrical components to the stand. The exhaust hood and intake air are switched separately and both fans are also listed. I'm told there is someone in the Portland area that has inspected such things, but I still haven't found a name. Any thoughts?
      --
      Brandon Overstreet
      President, Co-Founder
      Swing Tree Brewing Company
      300 E. Hersey St. #7
      Ashland OR, 97520
      c. 541-591-8584
      boverstreet at swingtreebrewing.com
      www.SwingTreeBrewing.com

Comment

Brandon,

Did you ever get this solved? We are running into almost exactly the same thing with the county here in Northern Cali. Oddly, they weren't concerned with the brewing stand as long as I had a certified engineer sign off on the plans for the stand (which I had already built BTW). Their problem was the pumps, the burners, etc. The screwy thing is the pumps were March pumps. March pump motors are UL listed and the impellers are UL listed, but when you put them together that supposedly voids the UL listing! How crazy is that!?!

Comment

Working...
        X