Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 psi pressure rated Fermentors and Brights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 psi pressure rated Fermentors and Brights?

Hi All,

Just been getting some info from a supplier and when I asked the pressure rating of the FV's and BBT's they said 6Kg. I asked what pressure in PSI and got 0.6Mpa as a response. I make that over 87psi. Isn't that a little high? I thought it would be 15 plus psi.

I'd go back to them to clarify the units.

My converter also gives similar values, and if it is kg / metre2, then this is effectively atmospheric and is useless.(and I am suprised they bother to quote it if it is this low)
    dick

Comment

Yeah, doesn't seem to add up to me either. Awaiting response.

Comment

"when brewing the working pressure is 0.1-0.18Mpa". I make that (0.18) 26psi, I think, sound about right?

Comment

0.101325 MPa = 1 Atmosphere or 14.9 PSI which is the pressure limit for a non registered vessel. Once you go over that you need to ASME or NB registration as a pressure vessel.
          Your CPE Systems Team!
          CPE Systems Inc.
          800-668-2268
          CPEsystems.com
          Thinkpumps.com
          sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrocka
            My tanks are rated to .2 mpa about 29 psi. They came from China.
            These are from China as well. Which company did you use?

Comment

CPESystems

0.101325 MPa = 1 Atmosphere or 14.9 PSI which is the pressure limit for a non registered vessel. Once you go over that you need to ASME or NB registration as a pressure vessel.
              This is true regardless if (or especially when) the tanks are from China. If they do not have a UV ASME stamp, then be sure that the pressure relief valves are 15psi or less. Anything else is not code and could subject you to unsafe working conditions and fines. Don't know how they get away with it, but then again imported DE filters have been unstamped potential bombs for years.
              Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
                This is true regardless if (or especially when) the tanks are from China. If they do not have a UV ASME stamp, then be sure that the pressure relief valves are 15psi or less. Anything else is not code and could subject you to unsafe working conditions and fines. Don't know how they get away with it, but then again imported DE filters have been unstamped potential bombs for years.
                Thanks for that CPESystems and gitchegumee.

Comment

Working...
                X