Bight and Fermenter ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bight and Fermenter ports

I think I have this just about all figured out but I wanted to run it by yu guys and make sure.

Bright tank....

Here is the lid and my assumptions.
    The 3" TC is for the CIP
    1/4 MNPT For a pressure gauge and manual release valve
    1/4 MNPT for a check valve for CO2 in when im pushing to kegs
    1.5 TC. For the TC PRV

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bright lid.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	193195

On the bright tank there is a TC port at the very top lined up with a TC port that T's off the main discharge port. I'm assuming this is for a sight tube?

Name:	Bright sight glass.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	193196

Name:	Bright discharge.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	193197

Fermenter

On my fermenter there are 3 ports as part of the cone. the main discharge port at the bottom then 2 higher up. One came with a thermometer so its obviously to take the cake temperature the other I'm not so sure about?

Name:	Fermenter cone ports.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	193198

Then right above the cone there are two more ports. One I will use for a thermowell to control room temp (non jacketed fermenters) but I'm not sure what the other is for? Racking arm maybe?

Name:	Fermenter above cone ports.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	193199

Finally at the top of the fermenter there is another TC port about 4 inches from the top. Is this for blow off or should blow off tube be coming out of the lid and not the top of the side?
    Last edited by imperialipa; 06-18-2013, 05:38 PM.

Pic of the TC port right at the top of the fermenter wall. Possible blow off port or should the blow off be coming out of the lid?

Name:	Fermenter blow off.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	190165
    Last edited by imperialipa; 06-18-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Sorry for all the pictures. I know its alot to sift thru. I guess the three biggest questions I have if its too much to to scroll thru the pictures is this....

1. I would like to add a sight glass to the bright tank. I see the two tri clamp ports but what connections do people use to do that? Any supplier recommendations?

2. For the fermenter should the blow off tube go out the top of the fermenter or out the side near the top? Or maybe it relly does nto matter

3. Does the racking arm go in the port at the top of the cone or in the port right above where the cone ends?

Comment

Working...
      X