Reviews: PBST and Ager keg washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews: PBST and Ager keg washers

Obviously many here have a good opinion of the keg washers from Premier Stainless but I've been looking around and would like the good and the bad on the following:

Ager: http://www.globalstainlesssystems.co...g-washers.html

There's a lot I like about this washer. Seems to me that load/unload would be easier and throughput better... would be good to hear if I'm right or wrong.

PBST

This one is cheap. Plain and simple. But does it work?

TIA for any help on this one!

Happy with GSS

We're happy with our keg cleaner from Global/Ager. I increased the purge time from what they had set up but otherwise just plumbed it in and went to work. So far so good.

Comment

Thanks! What's your throughput like?

Comment

ager washer...bump

DrinkLocal,

Did you buy the automated dual head? That is what we are looking at.
        It all seems great, but based on other equipment purchases (none from Ager yet), I have learned that getting accurate feedback from current owners is like gold. Please tell us what you bought, what delivery was like, if it worked correctly right out of the box, what problems you had, and maybe most importantly, how quickly you were able to get the problems addressed by Ager/Global Stainless.

Thanks!

Comment

Semi Dual Head

I believe it's a 2 minute and 30 second cycle. We can do 30 BBL's worth of 1/2s and 1/6's in 3 hours easily. The keg cleaner has worked well in the year we've been using it. I had to figure it all out as it came with no manual or instructions. Can't speak to delivery time for just the keg cleaner as it came with our brewhouse and tanks which were late. Have had no issues with infected kegs. Make sure you get a properly sized air compressor and 1/2" C02 line if you can.

Comment

the drain design is poor.

We have the Ager keg washer. The reservoirs came with drains on the side and did not drain completely. We had drains put in the bottom of the reservoir and it now drains better. I do not know if they have fixed this design flaw yet or not.

There are a number of plastic elbows which I would have done in stainless.

There are many solenoids and the computer does not identify which one has failed when one fails. We have had it for a little over a year, and none of the solenoids have failed so far. But I do not look forward to the day when one does and we have to try and isolate it.

It is reasonably priced and we can do 30-32 kegs per hour, which is twice as fast as our old one.

Sam

Comment

Working...
            X