looking for stainless air coupling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for stainless air coupling

I have searched the world over and can't seem to find a "durable" air fitting to use in the brewery. I am using standard all brass couplers on CO2 and O2 connections but over time they get wet and the steel balls inside begin to rust making the coupling hard to connect and leaky. I have tried searching for stainless steel ones, but I must not be searching under the right name or something because I have come up with exactly nothing....

I know such a thing must exist and I'm sure somebody around here has a source for such a thing....

Anybody?

Thanks as always for any help...
    Scott LaFollette
    Fifty West Brewing Company
    Cincinnati, Ohio

hmmm... apparently mcmaster-carr has them. I'd swear I checked there before with no luck. Must be loosing the last little bit of my mind that is left....

Anybody got any other sources? Never hurts to shop around I guess...
    Scott LaFollette
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

I use the ones from GW Kent http://www.gwkent.com/co-2-quick-coupler-5-16in.html

They ain't cheap.
      Luch Scremin
      Engine 15 Brewing Co.
      luch at engine15 dot com

Comment

Check the automotive section at your favorite big box hardware store. You'll find the good stuff there.

Bill

Comment

Luch, are those stainless? I thought they weren't?

William, I have tried every hardware, automotive, plumbing supply store etc in the city. Nothing even remotely close to stainless...
          Scott LaFollette
          Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Mcmaster #5247K52 You can search under "standard quick disconnect hose couplings" for more options from Mcmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by yap View Post
              hmmm... apparently mcmaster-carr has them. I'd swear I checked there before with no luck. Must be loosing the last little bit of my mind that is left....

Anybody got any other sources? Never hurts to shop around I guess...
              My favorite for everything is Swagelok. They make stainless just about everything, and its indestructible. Almost literally. Just be warned, the prices make McMaster look like Fisher-Price.

Comment

Best I have ever used

We converted all of our quick disconnects to ball lock corny keg fittings from Foxx equipment. They sell all the fittings and pipe thread adapters for them. They are all stainless and extremely durable. It's also helpful because we have a bunch of corny kegs that we use for random stuff around the brewery...

That said, the best QD's I have ever used are from Foster MFG. Check out Couplers.com. They have stainless versions of all of their QD's. Not sure who distributes them.

Comment

Try Hansen

I'm very pleased with the stainless Hansen QC's. Excellent quality and larger bore than most. They also come in lots of configurations. Got mine here: http://www.dultmeier.com/
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Ed Tringali
                  Brewmaster ~ Consultant
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

If it is just the balls...

McMaster has all sizes of stainless steel ball bearings. I ordered some to replace the carbon steel detent bearings in our rinser infeed and outfeed clutches. No reason why you couldn't just order a bag of 100 bearings for a few bucks, and replace the bearings in your fittings. It takes me about two minutes to replace the bearings in a QD...not sure how many you have, but it's a good stopgap until you want to spend the $$$$$ on ss disconnects.

Also, Fastenal has a good selection of those fittings...maybe cheaper than good old MCMC

Comment

I just ordered a couple of stainless ones from mcmaster. I'll give them a try and see how they do.

thanks for the suggestions everybody...
                      Scott LaFollette
                      Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Working...
                      X